Luis has more than 20 years’ experience advising senior executives in regulation, competition and valuation matters across utilities, energy, banking, telecoms and media, asset management, insurance, and many other sectors. His clients cover many jurisdictions and some of the largest corporations in Europe. He has extensive experience in litigation matters involving valuation of damages.
Luis leads the Corporate Finance and Regulation teams at Oxera and applies his economic expertise to finance, competition, regulation and policy issues across a wide range of industries.
Luis is a Maître d’Enseignement at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium. Prior to joining Oxera, he was a Researcher at the universities of Warwick (1992–93) and Oxford (1993–94), UK. Luis was a member of the ESMA Financial Innovation Standing Committee for six years until 2016, and has been a member of the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) regulatory expert panel. He is also a Trustee of Trust for London, an independent charitable foundation that aims to tackle poverty and its root causes among the people of London. He is a Member of the Advisory Board of the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.
- Correia da Silva, L. and Hope, P. (2011), ‘Profitability Analysis in the Context of the Pay TV Market Inquiry’, Competition Law Journal, 10:4, pp. 328–32.
- Correia da Silva, L., Franks, J. and Mayer, C. (2008), ‘Asset Management in Europe’, chapter 13, in X. Freixas, P. Hartmann and C. Mayer (eds), Handbook of European Financial Markets and Institutions, Oxford University Press.
- Correia da Silva, L., Goergen, M., Andres, C. and Betzer, A. (2008), ‘Trends in Dividends, Payers, Payouts and Yields’, chapter 3, in K. Baker (ed.), Blackwell Companion on Dividends.
- Correia da Silva, L. (2006), ‘The Cost of Capital: An International Comparison’, prepared for the City of London Corporation and the London Stock Exchange, June.
- Correia da Silva, L., Goergen, M. and Renneboog, L. (2005), ‘When do German Firms Change their Dividend?’, Journal of Corporate Finance, 11, 1–2, pp. 375–99.
- Correia da Silva, L., Goergen, M. and Renneboog, L. (2004), Dividend Policy and Corporate Governance, Oxford University Press.
- Correia da Silva, L., Dudley, P., Mautino, L. and Richard, S. (2004), ‘RPI – X Price Control Regulation in The Postal Sector’, chapter 7, in M. Crew and P. Kleindorfer (eds), Competitive Transformation of the Postal and Delivery Sector, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Correia da Silva, L. (2003), ‘Assessing profitability in competition policy analysis’, Office of Fair Trading.
- Correia da Silva, L., Franks, J. and Mayer, C. (2003), Asset Management and Investor Protection: An International Analysis, Oxford University Press.
- Correia da Silva, L., Niels, G. and Chua, S. (2003), ‘Assessing Profitability in the Context of Competition Law’, Competition Law Journal, 2:3, pp. 248–58.
- Jenkinson, T.J., Correia da Silva, L. and Mayer, C. (2003), ‘The Capital Structure of Water Companies’, in D. Helm (ed.), Water, Sustainability and Regulation, Oxera.
- DPhil Economics, University of Oxford, UK
- MBA European Studies, Solvay Business School, Belgium
- MSc Economics, Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- BA Economics, Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium