Start date: Rolling start dates in 2022
Team: Competition or Regulation and Market Design
Location: Berlin, Brussels, London, Milan, Oxford, Paris or Rome
Oxera is looking for several graduate Economics Analysts to be based in one of our 8 European offices to support the projects and business development initiatives of our Competition or Regulation and Market Design teams
With a reputation for credible and insightful analysis, our competition experts advise companies, policymakers, regulators, courts and lawyers on economic issues relating to competition, finance, and regulation.
Drawing on our knowledge of the entire regulatory process, we help companies to build robust cases to engage regulators, while assisting regulators themselves to design strategies and incentives that lead to optimal market outcomes.
We also support investors in regulated industries when they need to identify value drivers, enabling them to make informed decisions.
The team is highly international and covers all regulated sectors (e.g. water, energy, transport, financial services).
- Close collaboration with colleagues and clients in resolving complex economics issues in competition and regulation.
- Conducting empirical and quantitative analysis in Excel, Stata, R and/or Python.
- Writing of reports, presentations and other articles, independently or in conjunction with others.
What we can offer you
- Highly competitive salary and bonus package with comprehensive benefits.
- A multinational work environment, with the option of employee mobility across our offices.
- A collaborative working environment, with client exposure from day one.
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most experienced minds in the industry.
- A structured career path.
- First-class, hands-on learning and structured training and development opportunities.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, with an undergraduate degree (essential) and a postgraduate degree in Economics or Finance (preferred). A solid background in microeconomics is also desirable.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Stata and/or R.
- Highly motivated and committed team player.
- In addition to excellent spoken and written English, fluency in a second European language is preferred.
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
How to apply
- Click ‘apply’ for our vacancies, recruiting timeline and how to apply
- Any queries regarding the process then please email [email protected]
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin or disability, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.