The submission focuses on the following questions raised in the inquiry’s terms of reference:
- How should the Highways Agency be reformed to make it ‘the world’s leading highway operator’?
- What roles should government and the private sector play to ensure better management of the SRN?
- How reliable is the government’s forecast for growth in demand for the SRN?
- How should the government deal with uncertainty in its forecast?
- What mechanisms are there for government to increase investment in strategic roads and attract new investors?
- Are there good examples from other countries that could be applied in the UK?
Please read the conclusions here