Overcoming complexity to drive value
Whether you want to reshape your commercial strategy, influence capital markets policy, or raise your game on competition and regulation, Oxera’s experts are here to help.
Financial services is a complex industry, but our rigorous analytical approach and wealth of experience mean we can provide solutions to your biggest issues:
- antitrust investigations and litigation, including follow-on damages
- merger and acquisition support
- market studies and investigations
- conduct risk, supervision, and authorisation
- product and pricing strategy
- understanding consumer behaviour
- regulation and market design
- breach of contract and other commercial disputes
- finance and valuation advice
A wide range of financial services providers have tapped into our expertise, from retail and investment banks to insurers, payment services companies, infrastructure providers, and regulators.
We take pride in collaborating with clients, combining our industry expertise with advanced quantitative research techniques to provide a bespoke service.
Proving our worth
Our financial services team includes economists, finance experts, leading academics, and former industry regulators operating across our network of European offices.
We’ve previously advised on:
- major regulatory and antitrust investigations, including LIBOR, credit default swaps, foreign exchange, bonds markets, retail mis-selling cases, and insurance cases
- market studies and investigations, and supervisiory investigations (including section 166 reviews) across European markets
- high-profile mergers and acquisitions, including Mastercard/Net’s A2A payment business and Intesa/UBI
- innovative product and pricing design for long-term savings, banking, insurance, and consumer credit. We designed a new model for the private provision of flood insurance (www.floodre.co.uk)
- sustainable business models aligned to long-term objectives and good consumer outcomes
- fintech strategy, such as peer-to-peer lending, blockchain technologies, and digital platforms
- the policies and approaches of regulators, including advice to the European Commission and European Supervisory Authorities, as well as national regulators, including the FCA (UK), BaFIN (Germany) and IVASS (Italy)
[Oxera] have guided us through some difficult and intricate challenges, with deep and grounded thinking. I was particularly impressed how they took the time to develop a really good understanding of our particular situation, and the solutions they helped us develop were specific to us and leading-edge in the topic we were facing into.- Alex Perry, CEO Bupa Insurance