Bright sparks powering the energy value chain
Oxera has spent more than 30 years analysing wholesale and retail energy markets, energy trading and policy frameworks.
Our energy experts fuse rigorous industrial economics and energy market analysis with cross-sectoral regulatory expertise, modelling and finance skills to support you with:
- energy market design, analysis and modelling, including in relation to tariff regulation and impact assessment
- price and demand forecasts and cost–benefit analyses
- project valuation and investment appraisal
- energy network incentive design
- competition economics
- regulatory due diligence and appeals
- antitrust enforcement advice
- expert testimony for litigation
We apply cutting-edge economic models to explore the unique features of energy markets, helping you achieve the best outcomes for your business.
Helping the whole grid
Our economic expertise is available to everyone involved in the energy value chain:
- system operators
Regulators and policymakers also count on our robust and independent analysis when assessing the design and impact of new energy policies, competition policy, and incentives.
As a leading voice in economic regulation, we offer a sophisticated understanding of the energy industry’s commercial and regulatory frameworks.
Our energy experts have worked with clients throughout Europe and beyond for decades, helping them get to grips with government privatisation policies, mergers, changing market structures and macroeconomic events.