Senior Consultant—Competition Economics
Oxera’s Competition team has an unrivalled track record of cases around the world. Our experts are currently involved in over 100 competition cases, such as mergers or abuse of dominance investigations. We have close relationships with all the major law firms in Europe and beyond, and we work closely with clients and their legal advisers at all stages of a case. Our reputation for credibility and integrity, with policymakers and regulators, is what sets us apart.
We are looking for an experienced competition economist to join our growing company as a Senior Consultant. The successful candidate will be a core part of Team France and will have the option to work across a range of products and sector areas. We have an ambitious plan for Team France and you will play an important part in developing our relationships with strategic clients and understanding our key goals to assist in the execution of this business plan.
What we are looking for
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Master’s degree, with an excellent academic record in microeconomics and/or econometrics
- Significant relevant experience working in competition economics and/or for an economic regulator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Strong commercial awareness, project management and client relationship skills
- Previous experience in one of our core sectors is desirable
Apply now. Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Senior Consultant role entail?
Our Senior Consultants manage a variety of projects, develop strong client relationships and provide creative solutions. In addition, they present the results of their team’s work to external stakeholders via reports, presentations and data visualisation methods. Lastly, Senior Consultants undertake business development and provide guidance and mentoring to junior staff.