Oxera works with highly skilled independent experts who have a wealth of knowledge within their fields. These individuals are highly recognised within a variety of sectors and our collaboration with them means that we can offer the best advice, which in turn inspires our clients to make informed decisions.
Filippo Ippolito is Associate Professor of Financial Management at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Research Affiliate at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) in London, and Director of the Master in Finance course at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (GSE).
Professor Ippolito holds a PhD in Finance from the Saïd Business School and an MPhil in Russian and Eastern European Studies from the University of Oxford. His research focuses on corporate debt, capital structure, corporate liquidity management, banking, and private equity. Filippo has been published in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial Intermediation, Journal of Monetary Economics, and Journal of Corporate Finance. His work has been presented at top international conferences, including the AFA, the EFA, and the NBER Summer Institute.
- Colla, P., Ippolito, F. and Li, K. (2013), ‘Debt Specialization’, Journal of Finance, 68:5, October.
- Acharya, H., Almeida, H., Ippolito, F. and Perez-Orive, A. (2014), ‘Lines of Credit as Monitored Liquidity Insurance’, Journal of Financial Economics, 112:3, pp. 287–319, June.
- Ippolito, F., Peydró, J., Polo, A. and Sette, E. (2016), ‘Double bank runs and liquidity risk management’, Journal of Financial Economics, 112:1, pp. 135–154, October.
- Ippolito, F., Perez, A. and Ozdagli, A. (2018), ‘Bank Loans and the Transmission of Monetary Policy: The Floating Rate Channel’, Journal of Monetary Economics, 95, May.
- Caselli, S. and Garcia-Appendini, E. and Ippolito, F. (2013), ‘Contracts and returns in private equity investments’, Journal of Financial Intermediation, 22:2, 201–217, April.
- Ippolito, F., Colla, P. and Wagner, H. (2012), ‘Leverage and pricing of debt in LBOs’, Journal of Corporate Finance, 18:1, pp. 124–137, February.
- Ippolito, F., Peydró, J., Polo, A. and Sette, E. (2016), ‘Double bank runs, liquidity risk management, and Basel III’, Voxeu, 10 May 2016.
- Ippolito, F., Ozdagli, A. and Perez, A. (2016), ‘How the use of floating-rate loans changes the impact of monetary policy’, Voxeu, 2 February 2016.
- Colla, P. and Ippolito, F. (2011), ‘Syndication and Secondary Loan Sales’, Theoretical Economics Letters, 1:3, pp. 81–87, August.
- Ippolito, F. (2002), ‘The Banking Sector Rescue in Russia’, Institute for Economies in Transition, BOFIT, Bank of Finland, No. 12.
- Ippolito, F. (2001), ‘ITALY: Banking foundations adjust and thrive’, Oxford Analytica, 3 August.
- Ippolito, F., Povoledo, E. and Ewing, J. (2013), ‘An Italian Bank Caught in the Vortex of Election Politics’, International Herald Tribune, Global Business, 28 January.
- PhD in Finance, University of Oxford, Saïd Business School
- Visiting PhD, Financial Markets Group, London School of Economics
- MPhil Russian and Eastern European Studies, University of Oxford
- Visiting Student, Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, University of Oxford
- Laurea Economics, University of Siena
- Director of the Summer School in Finance, Barcelona GSE
- Director of the Master in Finance course, Barcelona GSE
- Visiting Professor at the Department of Financial Management, IESE Business School
- Co-Director of the Master in Banking and Corporate Finance Course, Barcelona School of Management
- Associate Professor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Assistant Professor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Assistant Professor, Università Commericale L. Bocconi
- Lecturer, Merton College, University of Oxford