Professor Anthony Julius, Chair in Law and the Arts at University College London, and Deputy Chairman of London law firm, Mishcon de Reya, joined as Chairman of Oxera’s Governing Board in November 2012. He is a highly regarded litigation lawyer and acknowledged legal expert on defamation.
Anthony has held a range of pivotal roles at Mishcon de Reya, including serving on its management board, ten years as head of its litigation practice, and currently as its Deputy Chairman and senior solicitor-advocate. Having appeared in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal, and acted for many high-profile clients, Anthony is also a Visiting Professor at Birkbeck College, University of London, and has written extensively on law, literature, art, culture and anti-Semitism. Among his other appointments, Anthony is a Board member of the New York-based NGO, Advancing Human Rights, an organisation dedicated to individual liberty and good governance.
- Mishcon de Reya: Deputy Chairman
- City & Guards Group: Chairman
- Birkbeck College, London University: Visiting Professor, English Department
- The Society for Advanced Legal Studies: Honorary Fellow
- Community Security Trust (CST): Member of Advisory Board
- CentreCATH, Leeds University: Chairman (2001–06)
- Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fund: Co-Founder and Chairman
- London Consortium: Chairman
- The Jewish Chronicle: Chairman
- PhD English Literature, University College London
- BA English Literature, University of Cambridge