Grace is a data scientist focused on providing insightful recommendations for strategic business decisions. She implements advanced modelling techniques such as machine learning to understand patterns in data and to create highly predictive algorithms. She is also an experienced data custodian who can guide businesses on how to structure and leverage their data to make better decisions. As a team builder, Grace harnesses team diversity to create stronger analysis by taking on different opinions and approaches. She is involved in the data science community as an R-Ladies mentor promoting STEM careers to women, and presents regularly at international conferences. Before joining Oxera, Grace worked as a Data Scientist leading projects across a wide range of industries, including online retail, energy and financial services. She previously led a strategic analytics team for Etihad Airways. Grace has core skills in R, SQL, Tableau, and data visualisation.
Selected project experience
- Created a model to profile customer consumption for a UK Big 6 energy supplier using energy smart meter data (2017)
- Developed a forecast model and evaluation framework to predict stock intake for a major online retailer (2017)
- Led a team responsible for evaluating performance and identifying incremental revenue opportunities of Etihad’s airline partnerships (2015–16)
- Managed the implementation of a new analysis product to increase visibility of Etihad’s complex alliance network and highlight revenue opportunities to the business (2015–16)
- Advised the Etihad Partnership Strategy on key airlines that Etihad needed to engage with in order to strengthen the long-term partner proposition (2015)
- BE Hons, University of Auckland, New Zealand