TOTEX benchmarking is at the heart of incentive regulation in German energy markets. Yet it remains a ‘black box’ with highly uncertain, and sometimes unusual, results for grids. With the European Court of Justice expected to allow broader discretion and independence to the Bundesnetzagentur, could TOTEX benchmarking outcomes become even more uncertain?
To unlock this black box and help grids deal with potential changes to German regulatory law, Oxera has created EffizienzApp.
‘EffizienzApp’: unlocking the black box
Securely and easily accessible on your smart device on-the-go or workstation, EffizienzApp allows you to follow and replicate the Bundesnetzagentur’s calculations, and recommend ways of improving your outcome. Calculations are fast and accurate, with results produced in real time in a visually engaging dashboard format.
EffizienzApp includes up-to-date analytical tools developed by world-leading professionals and academics with decades of experience in German regulation and TOTEX benchmarking.
EffizienzApp is a powerful tool that can support your work in several ways.
It will help you to:
- understand the key drivers of your performance and suggest appropriate model amendments during consultation with the Bundesnetzagentur;
- visualise multi-dimensional data, investigate potential errors, and undertake scenario testing;
- prepare a §15-application during cost-setting;
- forecast revenues during annual planning;
- inform strategic and operational decisions, such as the impact of investments and restructuring;
- evaluate your and your competitors’ efficiency when applying for concessions;
Join us on 23 September 2021 at 14.00 CEST where we will demonstrate how EffizienzApp’s many applications can support your work. The event will include a 45 minute demonstration followed by 30 minutes for questions and answers. A second event with industry and legal experts will be held on 13 October 2021 at 14.00 CEST which will explore the various effects of the European Court of Justice’s ruling. There will also be another opportunity to get to know the EffizienzApp. Please note that both events will be conducted in German.
Following both events, free trial versions of EffizienzApp will be made available.
Please register for the events below: